Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Introduction To My Blog

This is my place to vent about my job. And although this blog will mostly focus around the call center I work at, it is also a statement on how customer service is handled now a days, and what you as the customer will now accept as customer service

This is meant to be taken as a humours look at a call center from the eyes of someone who works in one.

I have been working at this call center for a couple years. Prior to this I actually ran my own business with my ex-wife for over 20 years. We were very successful until one of those life experiences that I always preyed would never happen to anyone happened to us. It cost us the business and the marriage. At my age and experience it is not as easy as I would have expected to re-enter the work force as an employee rather than and employer.

I had been working for a large retailer stocking shelves at night when a help wanted ad was pointed out to me in the local news paper. It was talking about needing customer service skills and computer skills. Now I had worked retail and sales and even inside commission sales for several large retail companies and even had some management experience, not to mention running my own business. Sounded like something I could do and sounded better than stocking shelves. After all I even had a computer software engineers college degree that I could pull out and dust off. Well to make a short story shorter, after a couple tests they offered me the job on the spot.

No comments: